Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Roof - layer one

Last week was great.  We were so happy to have the frame standing, and have visitors from Alberta coming, that we hardly thought about the next step in this long process.  The house could wait.  Well..  turns out my brother can't stand to sit & visit, even if it's raining. As a bonus, he and his family spent last summer house building.



All I can say here is some people have NO fear of heights.  Well, no...if I didn't LIKE this brother a lot, I could come up with something witty about primates. 







Remember the 2x6" boards Dennis cut shiplap into with a customized Honda-powered table saw?  Here's their place:  they cover the rafters and are visible gorgeous from the inside.





Here's the new view from my kitchen window--
---and one of the girls took this view from their future bedroom window

1 comment: