Friday, August 27, 2010

The morning after

In my youth, my parents built 2 new houses.  I wasn't the chief worker or planner (or payer!) on either of those jobs, but I don't remember a day that came anywhere near what yesterday was here.  It was a remarkable day that we won't ever forget.

If you are reading this because you couldn't be here, I'm sorry you missed the marvel of seeing all the pieces fitting together and the sense of community as huge beams were guided into place, some as much as 35' off the ground on the south end.

And if you were here, a very big thank you from our family.  It was an amazing day that couldn't have have happened without you.

I don't have words, but we have hundreds of pictures. Here are a few.






The last peg!


From the southwest.





From the northeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment