Saturday, September 10, 2011

The pictures

Here's a quick look at the laminate,
ceramic tile,


and granite.


I'd like to say I finished tiling today, and I did reach a milestone.  I finished all the large tiles:  floors & bathroom wall.  In a week or more, I'll start agian with small tiles on the kitchen walls.  That has to wait until the cabinets and countertop are in.  Until then, there's grout to do, boxes to pack, tomatoes to can and more apples than I care to deal with (which really isn't that many...I'm just not feeling motivated, considering how much pie filling I still have from last year).
 
The cabinet installation seems to be coming along well.  Here's a couple pictures from the end of work today, a first peek at the kitchen.




The island install is done.  The rest of the cabinets are ready for all the pretty trims: light rails, crown mouldings, and toe kicks.  In the next few days we'll be shopping hard for the countertop, and scouting for just the right drawer pulls/ door handles.

We are having a lot of conversations about what needs to be done before we move.  Turns out the list of things that must happen after we move, but before freeze-up is the pushing factor now.  Dare I hope for moving within a week of the optomistic target date?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment