Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tie Beams VI, I and II

Still no computer at home, so still no pics of the progress.  On that topic, the parts should be in tomorrow.  After years of great service, things have really gone down the drain at that computer shop.  I think this is our last trip there.

Beams I & IV are done, varnished and stacked the barn to wait.  Beam I is a thing of beauty.  I'd love to show it to you.  We finished off gallon #10 of varnish last night, and I picked up the next 5 gal.  The girls were along on the trip to the paint store, and M brought home some paint chips.  Seems bright lemon yellow and violet are her colors of choice this week...girls are allowed to change thier minds...right?...right?!?...  Please say it's so!

Today Dennis is working on the joinery in Tie Beam II.  It's only got about 14 places where it meets other timbers, but it will be visible from all 4 sides once the house is up.  We've also crossed the half-way mark varnishing the 120 pine boards for the ceiling of the main floor.  There's only been room in the garage to do them 7 at a time, but I think we can up that number to 10 by making the piles higher now that the "in" pile's a little smaller.

Oh, and the Structural Insulated Panels (hereafter referred to as SIP's) are on order fo rthe end of July.  A person could almost get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment